Buy Online! – The best way to buy!
This web site is owned and operated by Brown and Forrest who are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments or if you need to contact us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01458 250875.
Our contact details:
Brown and Forrest
Phone: 01458 250875
VAT Registration Number: 885720392
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase could not be easier. Just browse our shop and click on any items that you wish to buy and put them into the shopping cart. After you have finished your selection, click on “View Cart or Checkout” and you will be asked for a few details that we need to be able to satisfy the order.
We accept credit card and debit card payments. If you are shopping outside the UK, place your order and your credit card company will convert the transaction into your own currency.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro and Solo. You may send your credit card or debit card information via phone, post or over the Internet (not amex)
Shipping And Handling
All orders to Mainland United Kingdom will be delivered using an overnight carrier, and will be dispatched within 2/3 days of receiving your order, stock permitting. Delivery is £5.00 on all UK mainland orders. Highlands and Islands are not included, please contact the office for individual prices. Delivery to Highlands and Islands will be dispatched using 1st Class Royal Mail (delivery 1-2 days). We can no longer ship outside of the UK.
WE DISPATCH ORDERS MONDAY – THURSDAY FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY TUESDAY – FRIDAY
NO ORDERS ARE DELIVERED ON MONDAY OR THE WEEKEND
Your order is processed immediately upon receipt unless specified otherwise. Orders (Mainland UK) are dispatched Monday to Thursday, for next day delivery.
ORDERS RECIEVED AFTER MIDDAY MAY NOT BE DISPATCHED UNTIL THE FOLLOWING DAY
Deliveries to Highlands and Islands are dispatched by 1st Class Royal mail (delivery 1-2 days).
If your item is not in stock you will be contacted by e-mail or telephone to advise and to give you the option of cancelling the order.
All orders are VAT inclusive.
Credit Card Security
We know of no documented cases of credit card fraud using our shopping system over the Internet. All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed using 128 bit encryption. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. We are fully PCI complient and no credit card details are stored in any format.
We guarantee your satisfaction. If any of our products does not meet with your satisfaction we will either refund or replace that item. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Complaint Handling Procedure
If you believe an item you have purchased from ourselves is defective or has been damaged in transit, please notify us immediately so we can advise on the best course of action. All complaints will be dealt with promptly and confidentially. You may telephone on 01458 250875 or e-mail us using the web site e-mail email@example.com.
If you need to reach us, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call on 01458 250875 (International +44) or write to us at: Brown & Forrest, Bowdens Farm, Hambridge, Somerset TA10 0BP.
CUSTOMER AND RECIPIENT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To ensure that we can communicate effectively with both customers and recipients, it is very important that you provide accurate personal information.
- During the checkout process, we ask for the following personal information:
- Customer’s email address We use this information to provide a better customer experience by sending order confirmations, substitution information, dispatch confirmations and delivery confirmations. We will also use the customer’s email for marketing communications from time to time. Please ensure that email addresses are accurate.
- Customer’s full name and address We use this information for credit and debit card validation.
- Customer’s telephone number We use this information to contact customers in the event of problems with the order such as payment failures or delivery issues and to send a delivery text message.
- Recipient’s full name and address. We require this information in order to deliver the products you have ordered. It is vital that the recipient’s address is accurate. We will also use the recipient’s name and address for marketing communications from time to time.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of your orders;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use and order goods from our Website, subscribing to our mailing list or requesting further goods or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys / feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website (see section entitled “Cookies etc” below).
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs. Your personal data may be used by us to: • Process any orders you may make and/or provide services including processing payments; • Monitor, develop and improve the Website, goods, services and your experience; • Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device; • Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; • Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so; • Keep our Website safe and secure; • Notify you about changes to the Website, goods or services; • Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you; • Investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings or submissions to the Website and using keyword triggers to investigate usage that may be inappropriate; and/or • Where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Where and only where requested by you by ticking the relevant box when you subscribe and/or register with us we will:
- Send you and keep you updated with information by email or mail about existing and new goods, services, promotions and special offers from us; and/or • Send you information by e-mail or mail about related goods or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us providing you with this marketing information, you can always opt-out at a later date. To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can contact us stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us in the following ways:
- Click on the “unsubscribe” link sent in our email messages and email newsletters; Or
- Send an email to email@example.com writing “unsubscribe” in the subject heading; Or
- Call us on 01458 250875 ; Or
- Write to us at Brown & Forrest, Bowdens Farm, Hambridge, Somerset, TA10 0BP
This unsubscribe information will also be contained in our email messages and email newsletters.
WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND AMENDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (unless it is exempt in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you register your details for certain goods and services (for example, our email newsletter) and/or open an account with us that you can then use to log on and order goods, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and also to our related company, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information (including personal data) to other parties as follows: • in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for facilities not provided; • if Brown & Forrest Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for facilities not provided; • we may pass your personal data to our employees and agents to administer the goods and services provided to you by us now or in the future. For example, we may pass your personal data to our suppliers in order for them to provide you with goods; • some general statistical information about the Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (such as our suppliers or advertisers) but these details will not include information personally identifying you; • to check against the Interactive Media Retail Group Security Alert or any Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes; • to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of our terms and conditions relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities, government request or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching our terms and conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders. Where we provide your personal data to our suppliers and other companies to assist us in providing our goods and services, we provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than us.
SECURITY/HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of: • potentially sensitive information such as your name and address; and • critically-sensitive information like your credit card number
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Managing Your Information. You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings.
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
- Data Access and Portability. You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
- Data Retention and Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for a period of ten years after your last active use of our website or app (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations). If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Brown & Forrest Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Brown and Forrest Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Account to prevent that user from opening a new Brown and Forrest Account in the future. b. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations. c. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers. Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing. Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you. Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Brown and Forrest you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Brown and Forrest specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Additionally, you have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to paragraph 7.7 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Brown and Forrest override your own. Objection to Processing and Profiling. You are entitled to require Brown and Forrest not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Brown and Forrest will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Data Security. The security of our your data is very important to us. With this in mind we will take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care and attention. We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our websites and apps. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is held securely by our 3rd party payment providers, and tokenized to ensure it is protected. We ensure that our systems are regularly monitored for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Lodging Complaints. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Brown and Forrest before the Information Commissioner’s Office. In the UK, please read: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so or it is required for the provision of our services as detailed above. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office about our data processing activities.
All orders must be accompanied by payment.